You’ve trained as a legal transcript proofreader, but now what?
Is there more you need to know to bring your business skills to the next level?
Is there a secret sauce that can help you attract new or more clients and keep them?
While there’s quite a bit of general freelancing and work-from-home business information available online, sifting through it can be an exercise in patience at best and an exercise in futility at worst. Time is money and mistakes can cost you business, so it's imperative to learn how to work smart and produce the kind of work product that generates loyal, long-term clients.
That’s where this master class comes in. When you’ve completed it, you'll possess a set of power tools that I have developed by working remotely for over a decade, having held a wide variety of freelance positions from proofreader to scopist to designer to writer to website owner, social media coordinator, and more.
Even if you’re a working proofreader, you can benefit from implementing these tried-and-true methods for quality control, client communications, scheduling, and workflow. I've personally coached dozens of freelancers and dealt with thousands of clients and customers in my work life. I can help you improve your proofreading business at any level.
Why reinvent the wheel? Instead of making costly mistakes in freelance proofreading, dial into tried-and-true methods.
Transcript Proofreaders Master Class is over 125 pages of carefully compiled and written information to help you make immediate improvements to your existing transcript proofreading business. The content is original and designed to teach you how to develop your proofreading skills and your freelance business skills well beyond the basics. Hundreds of hours were dedicated to writing, editing, and finalizing this master class.
This class is delivered as a personalized PDF download that you can access on your computer and/or tablet. Use your favorite digital annotation method to take notes on the material. A PDF class means you don't need to absorb the cost of an expensive online learning environment that doesn't enhance the material. You can also keep your PDF accessible as a valuable companion to your work rather than needing to navigate a learning site to reference it.
Any future revisions or additions will be e-mailed to all students at no additional cost. You don't need to check this site or join a group to be notified of updates.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to develop policies and procedures that will project professionalism, protect your bottom line, and reduce conflict with current and potential clients.
- Attacking the dreaded website, including things to avoid as well as recommended content that will set you apart from the competition and get you noticed.
- Creating rate sheets, including the basics, plus how to level up your rate sheet to sell your services in a unique way.
- Avoiding and dealing with non-payers so you can concentrate on landing and working with the best clients.
- Master tips for connecting with new clients, including proven methods for cultivating fruitful LinkedIn connections .
- How to consistently produce superior work using a precise workflow with the aid of brilliant quality checks that minimize errors and maximize your clients' satisfaction with your work. If you've gotten called out for missing corrections on a job or want to reduce the chances of that happening, you absolutely must get this information.
- Tips for killer PDF proofing, including how to get your tech to work smarter and how to rock daily copy.
- Building thorough work records with meaningful data to better understand your business and your clients.
- How to cultivate and maintain a personal library of resources that helps you shine as a knowledgeable, trustworthy proofreader.
- Professional postures for freelance professionals, including best e-mail practices, building a partner relationship, and what to do when things go wrong.
- What to do when work is slow.
- Staying healthy while working from home.
- Gadgets and gizmos to enhance your business.
- Secrets from a scopist.
- Clear direction on next steps along your way through the training. You can hit the ground running with dozens and dozens of action points that will have a positive effect on your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this class teach me how to proofread for court reporters?
No. This is an advanced master class for anyone who is already working as a proofreader for court reporters or has received training (online or through mentoring) to proofread for court reporters. The master class teaches you how to improve your proofreading accuracy and workflow (in addition to many other things), not how to do the job from the ground up.
what can i do with the pdf i receive?
Your custom master class materials are copyrighted and for your personal use only. You cannot redistribute them to anyone for any reason. You can keep copies to view on all your personal devices (computer, laptop, tablet, etc.) and add annotations and notes. You can also print a copy for your personal use.
can i get a refund?
Because of the digital nature of this master class, no refunds will be given once you've been sent your copy of the class materials.
what payment methods are accepted?
You can purchase Transcript Proofreaders Master Class securely online using a major credit card or bank draft using U.S. funds.
WHEN CAN I ENROLL?
This master class is self-paced. You can enroll at any time and work through the materials at your own pace. After payment is completed, you will receive your materials within 24 hours via e-mail.
what are my instructor's qualifications?
I've been a full-time transcript proofreader since spring 2017 and a working scopist since fall 2017. I read and/or scope thousands of pages every month and have gained many additional years of hard-earned freelance wisdom that I'm ready to share with you in this class. Read my ABOUT page to learn more about me.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. WHO CAN I TALK TO?
Julie B - Virginia Court Reporter
When I decided to use the services of a proofreader, it was important to me that the person have the technical skills to handle the type of work I wanted proofed. Just as important to me, however, was whether the person could be trusted with sensitive material and work with me to transfer files securely. Professionalism, dependability, and the ability to maintain confidentiality were a must.
Christine Smith has met every one of those standards and continues to provide excellent service. She always responds to my requests promptly and keeps me apprised of the status of my work. She communicates to me clearly how much work she can take so that I’m never left wondering whether my work will be returned on time. Her charges are communicated clearly, her billing is accurate, and she makes payment a breeze. She has suggested ways to make my work better while always respecting the preferences I set for how I want things done. She is a true professional in every sense of the word.
Kristi T - Texas Court Reporter
Terri T - Kentucky Court Reporter
Maria S - Proofreader
After completing secure payment with a credit card or bank draft (US funds only), you will receive your personalized course materials PDF via em-mail within 24 hours. Your PDF will be watermarked with your name and designated for your personal use only.
Please review all FAQs above before enrolling.
Because of the digital nature of this master class, no refunds are available.
Copyright © 2017-19, Christine Bartizal-Smith